Thrilled to Be a Part of “Boo on the Bricks” in Wills Point, Texas, Gospel for Asia Makes a Good Impression on the Community It Knows and Loves.
WILLS POINT, TX — Creating a reason to enjoy the season together, community members in Wills Point, Texas gathered on Saturday, October 28th 2017 for Boo on the Bricks. The event saw adults and children alike participate in holiday activities like a chili cook-off, health fair, and costume contest for kids and pets. Along with the festivities, Gospel for Asia (GFA) joined other non-profits like Wills Point Fire Department and Wills Point Rotary Club to spread the message of hope. On a mission to bring awareness about their ongoing humanitarian efforts, Gospel for Asia happily greeted their neighbors at the local affair.
A representative of Gospel for Asia said of the event, “It was exciting to see the people of Wills Point come together. What a joy it was to share with people from our community about the work GFA does. We also had a great time seeing all the cute children come by in their costumes. What fun to give them candy. They loved it!”
Last year, the humanitarian faith-based organization helped provide Christmas presents for more than 400,000 needy families in Asia. Happy to give gifts and candy to the children of Wills Point, Gospel for Asia also supplied attendees with Gospel tracts, free copies of their books “Revolution in World Missions,” and “No Longer a Slumdog” and information about GFA’s School of Discipleship Program. Looking ahead, organization representatives even offered passersby the GFA Christmas Gift Catalog.
One Boo on the Bricks attendee said, “I appreciate the effort that GFA puts into being involved in our community to bless families and to reach out here and not just on the other side of the world.”
GFA’s 2016 accomplishments abroad are:
- 82,000 children fed, educated, and cared for each day
- 21,000 women taught to read and write
- 380,000 women given free medical care training
- 6,822 clean water bore wells installed to reduce reliance on dirty water
- 14,886 BioSand water filters installed in homes
- 10,512 outdoor toilets installed for better sanitation
- 600,989 families helped through poverty alleviation gifts like chickens, goats, pigs, and buffalos
- 170,000 blankets distributed to those in colder climates
- 600,000 mosquito nets distributed to reduce malaria
- 44 leper colonies were given aid
- 829 medical camps were run to provide free medical care
About Gospel for Asia
GFA (Gospel for Asia, www.gfa.org) has – for more than 30 years ‒ provided humanitarian assistance and spiritual hope to millions across Asia, especially among those who have yet to hear the Good News. Last year, this included more than 75,000 sponsored children, free medical services for more than 180,000 people, 6,000 wells drilled, 11,000 water filters installed, Christmas presents for more than 400,000 needy families, and spiritual teaching available in 110 languages in 14 nations through radio ministry.